Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Keeler Kitchen: Wacky Recipe Wednesday

Over Thanksgiving two of my sister-in-laws agreed to a challenge... a recipe challenge!

Hopefully we can extend the invite to all of the women in our family, and to those of you who have blogs! What happens is every Wednesday we post a recipe, the challenge is that we make the recipe before we post it on our blogs. If this is not possible I totally understand but hopefully you've tried it at least once so you know it tastes good before recommending it to everyone else, ha ha. Please know that these recipes are not limited to main dishes but included all courses (especially desserts!)

So here is my first recipe:

Chicken - Broccoli Braid (From a cooking class I took in college)

Mix the following ingredients together in a bowl:

1 Cup Cooked Chicken Chopped
1 Cup Broccoli (Chopped and blanched in microwave for 2 mins)
1/4 Cup Green Pepper
1 tsp Garlic
3/4 Cup Grated Cheese
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
2 tsp Dill
1/4 tsp Salt

Spray a cookie sheet and spread out 2 packages of (low-fat) crescent rolls and try to squish the dough together so that there aren't any perforated cuts.
Spread chicken mixture evenly down the center of the dough. Cut the edges of the crescent rolls into strips and braid them over the top of the chicken mixture.
Bake at 375* for 20 to 25 minutes or until dough is golden brown. Cut and serve.

3 comments:

Annette said...

I've made this one before. It is SO good. I think it is a Pampered Chef recipe.

thinkHP said...

I can vouch for Kendall's broccoli braids, they are TASTEY!!!!

Diana said...

OK next you have to post your white chili recipe. That is by far my favorite. To bad Gray hates broccoli. I bet this recipe is delicious!