Monday, April 26, 2010

April 2010 Recap & Eliza at 7 Months

Many things went on during the month of April. At the beginning of the month my brother, Casey, came home from Baghdad. Casey was home for Thanksgiving but we hadn't seen him since then. We all gathered at the airport to await his arrival, even the news was there. My dad had this awesome banner made (for free!) and Casey love it! Of course while Casey was home we had to eat a Pizza Plus, which is always delicious and go to Swensens for some yummy ice cream.


April also means EASTER! Eliza had a fantastic first Easter. We went over to my parent's house early Sunday morning and tried not to peek and see where all of the Easter eggs were hidden.  Yes, the Easter Bunny still hides eggs for us adults! This year the competition was harsh. Last year Matt got all the eggs (like 50 of them) and the rest of us were blown out of the water by it. Hunts are suppossed to be FAIR! Well this year my sister and I fought till the death to get the most eggs. Kelsey got first, then myself, then Casey and Matt finished it up! Eliza and Savannah loved their Easter baskets and their new swim suits and towels (a tradition my Grandma Baglin started!). Later in the day we went to my Grandma Hawley's house to eat a delicious dinner and celebrate together. The girls were adorable in their matchy matchy Easter dresses!


Our ward also had their annual Elders Quorum Basketball Tournament. Matt's team got 2nd last year but wasn't as fortunate this year. I got some great pics of Matt & our friend David showing off their "exhausted" look! It was also our friend Ella's first birthday. She had a Hawaiian luau party and we loved dressing Eliza in a grass skirt, her Hawaiian shirt and a pretty Hawaiian hibiscus flower in her hair. Jenny (Ella's mom) did an AWESOME job and even had this cute slide show of Ella's first year which of course brought tears to my eyes. It is so crazy how fast they grow! I also helped throw a shower for my friend Susan who is having TWINS at the beginning of June. We had such a fun time and played "Nursery Rhyme Pictionary" and I made a diaper cake. It was also my Grandpa Baglin's 80th birthday so we had an great celebration at Louisiana Jazz Kitchen. I helped my grandpa's girlfriend set up for the big party and my mom ordered an awesome cake that was molded to look just like his flat bottom boat and ummm was it good! We also celebrated Kelsey's last softball games and Savannah's ability to crawl up and down the porch step. 

I was also quite sick during April and had to go to the ER at 3:00 am. I ended up having a bad sinus infection and so much head pressure that I just stayed in bed for almost a week. I owe a big thank you to all my friends and family that helped out with Eliza (and taking care of me) during that week! At the end of my sick week, Eliza and I drove to Yuba City, CA for my college roommate's bridal shower. The pressure of going over the mountain was NOT music to my ears but we had a blast and I was very glad I could go.

 Eliza can now sit up very well and loves playing with her toys and with Ellie. Eliza and Ellie play tug-of-war all the time and Eliza has decided that since Ellie can eat rawhide bones so can she. Eliza eats 1st foods pretty well but likes to make raspberries, which means that I am usually covered in food by the time lunch is over.  Eliza is a little unsure of other kids right now and has started to have separation anxiety. Every time you turn your back and walk away from her she cries. I have to even sing or talk in the shower just so she doesn't bawl the entire time. She is still smiley and sleeps through the night. We have started more of a routine which is nice because I get a 2 hour break in the middle of the day now while she sleeps. I love that she can sit up and play with her toys by herself though, it's so nice to get things done around the house.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love the updates! You are a fabulous blogger. Hey, thanks for saying such nice things about me and Ella's party. Way to make my day! You are the best!